What is it?
2020 Theme: Places & Spaces
This year our Portfolio theme takes inspiration from Turner Contemporary’s 2020 Summer Season that celebrates the places and spaces we inhabit.
You are invited to look around you and see the world anew. Where are the places and spaces that you spend most of your time? What is special about them? What would you like to change about them and how might you do this? We want to learn about lost places and imagine new spaces and welcome your personal response to the theme in any medium.Download the Resource
Who’s it for?
The competition is open to those in Kent and Medway who are:
- Students aged 4-18 years.
- Further education students (all ages).
- Teachers, teaching assistants and professionals working in an educational establishment
- Current teacher trainee students
- Youth and adult community groups, including Alternative Provision, NHS Support Services and in patients, Youth Offending Services, Support Groups, Pupil Referral Units, Health and Wellbeing
- Please note that staff and students from Universities in Kent and Medway are not eligible to enter unless they are currently undertaking a teachers training degree
Deadline for entries:
Sunday 22 March Midnight GMT 2020
For more information on Portfolio, please contact Jennifer Scott, Learning & Engagement Manager firstname.lastname@example.org
Why is it Important?
Each year Portfolio provides an important platform for all the amazing artists across Kent and Medway to showcase their creativity. The competition has been going from strength to strength and last year we received over 1300 entries. Having the opportunity to exhibit their work can make a huge difference to artists, building confidence and significantly growing their practice. The Portfolio exhibition encourages debates around contemporary art and the platform to have your voice heard. We are excited to see how students, teachers and community group members will respond to this year’s theme ‘Places & Spaces’.