What is it?
2022 Theme: Belonging
Extended Deadline : 11th May.
This years theme Belonging is inspired by the work of Ingrid Pollard who will be bringing her major solo show to Turner Contemporary in Summer 2022. Pollard uses film, photography, sculpture and installation to explore ideas of identity.
A4 Poster, How to Guide, Workshop Guide, Information Cards, Developing Your Idea and a Printable Stencil Page (4 cards).Download the Resource
Who’s it for?
The competition is open to those in Kent and Medway who are:
- Students aged 4-18 years.
- Further & Higher education students (all ages).
- Teachers, teaching assistants and professionals working in an educational establishment
- Current teacher trainee students
- Youth and adult community groups, including Alternative Provision, NHS Support Services and in patients, Youth Offending Services, Support Groups, Pupil Referral Units, Health and Wellbeing
- Please note we are now accepting applications from students and staff from Universities in Kent and Medway.
Why is it Important?
Each year Portfolio provides an important platform for all the amazing artists across Kent and Medway to showcase their creativity. The competition has been going from strength to strength and last year we received over 1300 entries. Having the opportunity to exhibit their work can make a huge difference to artists, building confidence and significantly growing their practice. The Portfolio exhibition encourages debates around contemporary art and the platform to have your voice heard. We are excited to see how students, teachers and community group members will respond to this year’s theme Belonging.