Enter Portfolio for the chance to win incredible prizes and have your work seen by thousands of visitors at Turner Contemporary this summer.
The Theme: Art Rebels
This year our Portfolio theme takes inspiration from one of the most controversial visual art prizes in the world, The Turner Prize, which will be exhibited at Turner Contemporary in autumn 2019.
The competition will be encouraging artists to break the mould by making new work that is daring, different and will get people talking. This is your chance to explore what it means to be an art rebel, take a risk and find out if you’re one too.
- What’s the difference between an artist and an art rebel?
- Do you think art has the power to create change in the world?
- Did art rebels exist 200 years ago?
- Are you an art rebel and if so what can you make to show us?
Portfolio is Turner Contemporary and Canterbury Christ Church University’s annual art competition.
The competition is open to those in Kent and Medway who are:
- Students aged 4-18 years
- Further education students (all ages)
- Teachers, teaching assistants and professionals working in an educational establishment
- Current teacher trainee students
- Youth and adult community groups, including Alternative Provision, NHS Support Services and in patients, Youth Offending Services, Support Groups, Pupil Referral Units, Health and Wellbeing
This year we are excited to offer Portfolio outreach sessions to primary and secondary schools across Kent and Medway.
Deadline for entries:
Monday 18 March 2019
Submission for entries will open in January 2019
For more information on Portfolio and to find out about booking an outreach session, please contact Alice Ruby Ross, Portfolio Outreach Coordinator